2019 Kwik Star Criterium Volunteer Opportunities
By Dean “Bareback” Mathias
Volunteer Now: Criterium Volunteering
QCBC has plenty of volunteer opportunities for this year’s Criterium to be held in Village of East Davenport on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27. If you are interested in joining in the fun and are available for any of the slots below contact Dean “Bareback” Mathias at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attend our informational Pre-Crit Volunteer Orientation to learn more about Criterium volunteer opportunities, sign up to volunteer for pre-race, race, and post-race needs, be part of a recycling effort during the Crit, meet race directors and shift leaders, provide feedback to make the race more enjoyable and safer for riders, volunteers, and spectators, and take a walk around the course.
The Pre-Crit Orientation will be held at 11th St. Precinct (Mounds St. side) on Monday, May 6th from 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Doors open at 5:30. Pizza and soft drinks will be provided.
First time volunteer? Come on down. You will make plenty of friends!
Criterium volunteer opportunities include pre race, race day and post-cleanup.
· Friday, May 24: pick up recycling stands Scoops Ice Cream!
· Sunday, May 26, 12:00 p.m. Course Sponsor Board set-up….Need at least 15-20 persons Scoops Ice Cream !
· Clean Little Theater; indoor table set-up Scoops Ice Cream!
· Sunday: Pick up food snacks including apples, bananas, bars Scoops Ice Cream!
· Sunday or earlier: pick up brooms and vests from QCBC storage shed Scoops Ice Cream!
· Race Day, Memorial Day, Monday, May 27th
· 5:00 am: Course set up with barriers and sponsor signage….Need 20 persons
· Position recycling and trash containers on the course
· Corner or crossing marshal course volunteers. Choose a time slot or two to help out! You can also be an At-Large volunteer to fill in any volunteer gaps that need to be covered.
o 1st Shift 8:00 - 10:30 - Leader Steve Geering
o 2nd Shift 10:30 - 1:00 - Leader Bareback with assistance from Bonnie Sturgeon
o 3rd Shift 1:00 - 3:30 - Leader Tom Scott
o 4th Shift 3:30 to Race Conclusion - Leader Frank Martin
· Post Crit Course Teardown Need 20 persons Scoops Ice Cream
· Recycling/Trash pickup. Help with a truck to transport recycling. Scoops Ice Cream!
VOLUNTEERS EARN A LUNCH MEAL TICKET THE DAY OF THE EVENT AND ATTENDANCE AT A VOLUNTEER PARTY HELD AT A DATE AND TIME ANNOUNCED WHEN YOU REPORT TO CRIT HEADQUARTERS ON RACE DAY.