5th Annual QCBC Spring into Bicycling Open House
Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Location: New Ground Theatre in the Village of East
Davenport - 2113 E 11th St, Davenport
Come join us and learn how the Quad Cities Bicycle Club (QCBC) can help you SPRING into bicycling! Learn about the many opportunities that we offer and talk to individuals who organize our events:
· Various paced rides: Casual Rides, Leisure Rides, Mid-Paced Rides, Fast Paced & Elite Rides
· Weekly rides: Tuesday Evening Women’s Rides, Wednesday Morning Rides, Thursday Evening Rides, Friday Morning In-Town Loop Rides
· Learn more about RAGBRAI and QCBC’s charter service
· Time Trials and Road Races
· Criterium and Kids Races
· Safety tips
· Commuting tips; QC Metro Map
· Bicycle Advocacy
· Ride with GPS
· Club’s new communication system
Learn about our Bike Month (May) and Bike to Work Week (May 13-17) activities.
Two group rides will be held at the conclusion of the event
CASUAL, LEISURE and MID-PACED RIDES AT 1:00
STARTING FROM THE FREIGHT HOUSE PARKING LOT, DAVENPORT
Location for this event is easily accessible for all by bicycle. Ride on down, enjoy some lunch at one of the many restaurants, and enjoy some camaraderie with other QC cyclists.
Participate in bike maintenance demonstrations:
· Changing a flat tire
· Bike safety check
· Bring your own bike and get some individual advice